sexta-feira, 19 de novembro de 2010

A arte de perder - Elizabeth Bishop (em inglês)

"One art"

The art of losing isn't hard to master; / so many things seem filled with the intent / to be lost that their loss is no disaster, / Lose something every day. / Accept the flusterof lost door keys, / the hour badly spent. / The art of losing isn't hard to master. / Then practice losing farther, / losing faster:places, and names, / and where it was you meantto travel. / None of these will bring disaster. / I lost my mother's watch. And look! / my last, ornext-to-last, of three beloved houses went. / The art of losing isn't hard to master. / I lost two cities, lovely ones. / And, vaster,some realms I owned, two rivers, a continent. / I miss them, but it wasn't a disaster. / - Even losing you (the joking voice, a gestureI love) / I shan't have lied. / It's evident / the art of losing's not too hard to master / though it may look like / (Write it!) a disaster.

Elizabeth Bishop

para ler a tradução, entrem aqui: http://veja.abril.com.br/blog/augusto-nunes/feira-livre/um-poema-de-elizabeth-bishop/

bjs, bom fds a todos...

Jú M.

Um comentário: